Revered Maharaj,

  Please accept my respectful pranams.

  I reached here safe and sound on 6" of July. During my visit to Europe my brain was enriched with the knowledge that I gained in the seminar and heart with the most pleasant experiences with nature. Brahmacharins are harassing me to describe it all I I want to write something to you. Of course, not about my science but about what was perceived with my heart.

  Some places have been gifted with rich ancient cultures, some with rich modern culture and some with glorious natural landscapes. You must have guessed that I am talking about Greece, UK, France and Switzerland — the countries which I visited recently. I found Greeks to be very much graceful and hard working people. In Paris, everybody seemed to be engrossed walking in a catwalk on the roads as if walking in a fashion show. In London, they seemed as watchful as police sniff-dogs (Customs detained me for nearly one hour ) and in Switzerland, they looked like a Swiss cow absorbed in its own grazing, hardly sparing any time to notice the passer-by. I traveled alone but I did not feel it when I was in the company of nature because nature was with me then. I felt most lonely when I was in the crowded cities because there no one was with me. I always longed to go away from the society which is engaged in the most pleasant conversations. And when one is in tune with nature, nature first as mother and secondly as companion, will inspire you to write down something and share your rich experience with others.

Dream Paris

  Every morning of mine was filled with a desire to expand my soul, to enjoy the festival of nature. The Greek island on which I stayed ( Alonissos ) has got clear and crystalline sea beaches unruffled by human activity. Let me tell you, it is the place where the sea, the mountains, the wind are in constant dialogue with each other. A place where the man loves the presence of- . birds and fish and vice versa. Go and sit there on the sand, the view will imprison your soul and open you up to the infinite. Holding you rooted to the shore, the sea opens up immensity in front of your gaze. Feet tickled by rolling pebbles beneath, the ocean with its boundless horizons, with its blue-green waves wrestle tirelessly, gives you an idea of majestic fullness. Britain welcomes you with its vast planes of meadows. Under the waves of breeze the grass seems to swim with their tiny ornaments, daisies, bursting into bloom into thousands ! You walk over it barefoot and one understands the word ‘caressing’. You arrive at the France-Swiss border and nature turns irregular and clumsy, seems to be enjoying its vacation. In Paris, it is opera and here are springs and brooks that hold the concert. The mountains here are full of life and animation. On the mountain, every object seems to be meditating in its own way ! Lofty summits, some of which still prefer to remain covered with snow to protect themselves from the heat of the sun, the projecting rocks and ravines — all are dispersed in most beautiful manner to adorn the landscape. The brooks and the cascades, some of them flowing gently, some leaping and bounding, some joyous, some angry and some flowing melancholic, traversing and exploring the woods in their own way which is so pleasing to the eyes. These water torrents from the mountains suddenly broaden into beautiful placid lakes becoming like vast and splendid mirrors where the landscape reverses its meadows, its woods, its clouds and hills and seems to contemplate leisurely. An insignificant leaf falls in it from the tree and disturbs the whole planetarium for a while. Earth and heaven have their sorrows. I reminisce about the forests in many places of India which once gave its shade are now nothing more than a memory. I also imagined the sandy deserts as contrast to here where you go in the hope of seeking life, you find the image of death.

beautiful Europe

  How can this description be replete without the mention of the rivers, the blood vessels of the globe. Gathering the waters one by one on its route, emerging from the channels of alluring mountains, leaping and gliding forwards, carrying the burden of survival for the tribes and civilizations, the sight of a river awakens in the seer the sentiment of an immensely powerful Goddess. As it passes on and on, watching varied forms of life from ‘places to places, gulping their sorrows and anguish, it seems to become more and more solemn and pensive. Sometimes it will make a mistake, too ! It will think that the way to obliterate the sorrows of mankind is to destroy mankind itself and it will go riotous and wayward and then repents again. Whatever, the river is a sweet idyll for dreamers like me. I noticed her calling me near her. Tired and exhausted from aimless walking I sat myself near the stream letting it roll under my feet eating something which I had carried. ...........Was it all a dream ? For some, dreams turn to reality and for some the reality seems to be merging back into the dream world again ! Be it whatever, I had to arise myself from it. Emerging out of the world of fiction, I gathered myself up only to get ready for the journey homewards which was thousands of miles away !

  When one gets to visit a panoramic land like Europe with whom the spring every year endows with the gift of youth and fertility, one always tries to interpret it from a spiritual standpoint of view. When we humans while hurrying forward in our deathward course under the sky of uncertainty and in the mist filled with delusions come close to such visibly invisible paradise, one forgets the wounds one's heart has received in rough and thorny times. One forgets the lassitude of the present and vain regrets of the past. One is made conscious of the joys and other hopes awakening within him. One’s heart, undoubtedly, will still be called upon to suffer greatly in future but this charming vision will keep on giving promises which are never false, a promise of luminance in the approaching evening shadows of emptiness. The NATURE which I have loved and longed so long, has granted me at length the stimulation of perceiving God.

  Nature has abundant to show off and more abundant to conceal, nature never gets old and she never copies herself. According to countries and locations, she charms and surprises you by some unexpected novelties which we have to visit at different seasons of the year and of life.

  Unlike God, one need not be initiated to have a vision of nature !

  I am sure you are keeping fine. I apologize for making you read such a long account of my travel. My urge doesn’t let me cut short. Nevertheless, please pray for me so that I will be able to apply the knowledge which I gained there, in the service of the poor and needy.

  With pranams again,

Yours Affectionately,
Me!